Belfius Investment Partners
Belfius Investment Partners is the subsidiary of Belfius Bank dedicated to administration and management of investment funds. At the end of 2018, total balance sheet of Belfius Investment Partners amounted to EUR 155 million and assets under management amounted to EUR 18 billion.
The team Portfolio Management of Belfius IP ensures the following missions:
- Management of Belfius IP’s UCIs and AIFs.
- Monitoring and analysis of financial markets (macro, equities, FI, alternatives ...) with a view to providing relevant information to the Strategic Investment Committee.
- Execution of committee decisions (pre-post trade checks).
- Analysis of the performances of managed funds (benchmark, peer group, attribution and contribution to performance ...).
- Formulation of proposals for process improvement.
- Contribution to the delivery of the necessary information (management reports, presentations ...).
- Monitoring of the funds advised by third parties for which Belfius IP is the management company.
- Control of key risk indicators (performance vs peer group and benchmark, Sharpe ratio, Beta ...).
Your mission within the portfolio management team:
The Junior Quantitative analyst develops and maintains research and models, integrating investment intuition and empirical/quantitative analysis, using advanced programming skills to bring an informed perspective to the BIP investment strategy development. He/ She will :
- Gather, organize, monitor, assemble and review big data sets.
- Partner with senior team members to conduct quantitative and statistical analyses, build and refine macroeconomic and investment models using analytically rigorous research to :
- Update and develop relative value analysis and views on asset classes and explore the implications on investment portfolios
- Contribute to the formulation and development of BIP economic and capital market forecasts as well as scenario analyses for existing and future investment portfolios
- Create and maintain process documentation as well as continually contribute to the evaluation and enhancement of the existing investment research process
- In collaboration with other colleagues, support internal insightful, concise analysis and reports to help portfolio management in designing convictions : strategic/tactical asset allocations, thematics … that can be implemented in a wide variety of strategies and portfolios.
- Participates in the development of power point templates for the production of outlooks, investment committee meeting materials, management reports and related macro-economic and financial variable analyses supporting investment activities.
- Effectively communicate all views and research (in written, verbal and presentation form) to team members and throughout the broader organization. And, actively participate in challenging existing positions and views in a collegial and respectful manner.
- Undertake a variety of ad hoc analytical projects as needed.
- Degree holder with major in finance, mathematics, economics or computer engineering.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Independent judgement with strong analysis, problem-solving, organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and other economic, research and market data platforms.
- Team-player with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong interest in financial markets (in all asset classes).
- Self-motivated with a positive, proactive and flexible attitude, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Fluent in English and in Dutch or French – trilingual is an asset.
Interested ? please sent your CV and motivation to Jobs@belfiusIP.be